BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

A Foodie Day

I don't have any fun links to share today, so you're stuck with my food stories. Sorry.

Wednesdays are my day off since that's the day that seems to a) work for my sub, and b) work for my babysitter. So I call it Mommy and Aaron Day, even though every day is pretty much mommy and Aaron day, but that's beside the point. I try to do something special with the Offspring on those days, more for me than for him, but whatever works right?

So today, in our food adventure, I mixed up smashed bananas, whole oats, an egg, a splash of almond milk, with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and whatever else I threw in a container in effort to make my coffee taste like pumpkin pie spice.

(So far a fail, but I keep trying.)

The conglomeration was then heated through like pancakes on the stove and served up plain. You can add maple syrup, I've done that before, but if the bananas are old enough, as ours were, they're pretty sweet. Watch you don't heat these too hot, that's always my mistake. They burn easily and don't cook fast like pancakes, since they aren't really pancakes.

(Blond hair is showing now isn't it? Damn.)

Anyway, a lower, slower heat is best, and they come out pretty unsightly. But the Offspring and I gorged and he seemed pretty satisfied with them so score: Mom. He wouldn't eat them with his hands yet, but did seem to like how they smashed between his fingers.

Until next time, happy eating.

File:Pisang.jpg
From WikiCommons

0 comments: