BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 8, 2008

It was a dark and stormy night... (worst first line ever!)

We’ve had terrific storms the last few days. Tornado watches, thunderstorms, etc. At least we got some moisture. Our hay really needed it. Maybe I can get in the garden without sinking to China in a day or two. Hopefully my potatoes decide to sprout after all this heat and moisture. The tornado that hit Sunfield traveled right down the north-west corner of our property. It seems the winds were going northeast so it knocked down a black walnut tree at our other house and twisted our barn door from facing the west to facing the east (and the inside of the barn). That’s going to be a job!

I’m listening to the Tao te Ching guy, Wayne Dyer, on PBS today. I’ve seen the program before, but I really like listening to the guy talk. He makes some really good points. I haven’t read the Tao yet, but it’s on my reading list, the Stephen Mitchell version I think. Not too crazy about the chick that sings at the end of the program, but that’s just my opinion. And as someone I used to know says, “opinions are like assholes; everybody has one.” I do subscribe to the idea that a person’s thoughts can change their life. I’ve watched it for years. People who believe they are old, get old fast. People who see the glass as half-empty, get half a glass of milk when they asked for a full one. Then they bitch about getting what they asked for instead of what they really wanted. I didn’t get all the way through The Secret by Rhonda Byrne, but her idea that the ideas, the wants you send out into the universe, as those that come back. Ask for what you want, not what you are afraid of. For example, if you ask the universe not to send you bad luck, the universe won’t hear that. If you focus on the bad and how much you don’t want the bad, the universe will send you what you are thinking about. If you focus on the good, you’ll get that.

0 comments: