BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, September 13, 2008

"A religion that takes no account of practical affairs and does not help to solve them is no religion." (Mohandas Gandhi)

I kept trying to blog yesterday but the internet connection sucked due to weather and I just whined about that. So there’s the recap of a very boring 250 word entry.

It’s raining again today and very gloomy. Good day to sit at my desk, watch movies online, and write. I watched Remains of the Day the other night, written by Kazuo Ishiguro. Good book. Good film. Trying to keep up my exposure to higher culture. Fuckin fat lot of good that does. I still can make a table of concrete guys blush if I try.

I’ve been working on a lot of writing exercises lately, cramming knowledge of writing into my head while taking a break from Taylor and Luke. It’s really helped to learn how to break down the components of a story, not just to analyze and write a paper, but to see how the story is put together.

Oh well. A few thousand other people are probably talking about the exact same thing.

I was reading a book about dogs yesterday and there is some debate about how domestic dogs originated, whether it was from wolves, as commonly believed, or from jackals, African wild dogs, certain species of foxes, or coyotes. An interesting perspective pointed out that in different regions, different animals could have interbred to make a mixture of origins for the domestic dog. I thought that was fascinating and just thought I’d share. Better than hearing me whine.

0 comments: