BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yada yada yada

Just got back from taking Gram to a doctor’s appointment. No big deal, just a little skin cancer on her nose that we needed to schedule for removal. The worst was the waiting. Gram actually fell asleep in the waiting room. Actually, the worst was the drive in on 496 at 8 o’clock in the morning. We only saw one major accident though and it looked more like hurt cars and bent metal than broken people. Gods, people drive stupid around accidents though. Pulling off the exit ramp before, cutting across lanes of traffic and medians to do so. That just makes more accidents people!

Dad and I dug potatoes yesterday. He’s finally off the roof looks like for awhile. He started cutting hay, got a flat tire, replaced that, cut a little, I went back to check on him and he had me drive the tractor and mower back up to the barn, but the wheel fell off on the way up. Fun shit.

We’ve been getting the cutest little pullet eggs out of the oldest hens and finally got to try them yesterday, a delightful omelet that I dubbed all-farm omelet, since it was all stuff we’d grown, save the milk and cheese. With only salt and pepper, it was great. I’ve never been a big fan of the strong taste eggs can get, but this was totally different, like a homegrown tomato versus a store-bought one, just no comparison. And the fresh veggies were wonderful, kohlrabi, onion, zucchini, and summer squash. All very tender and good. I’ve got more beets to can yet and beet greens that desperately need cleaned and frozen. I’m trying to get my shit together to start that while I write today. Multi-tasker that’s me.

I like to watch movies while I can, freeze, and write too. Lately I’ve been hooked on the tv adaptation of the Sword of Truth series. Let me stress the word adaptation. It keeps the characters, but the plot and many details are shot to hell. It’s good, just don’t go in expecting a faithful representation of the books. Also, I’ve been watching Tru Calling with Eliza Dushku. I’m comfortable enough in my femininity to admit she’s a gorgeous woman who’s interesting to watch. The premise of the show is cool and its shot better than Legend of the Seeker, in my opinion. Not sure when I started paying attention to how shows are shot, but it interests me in a cursory way. Besides, sometimes it works, for me, in ideas about how to “see” a scene I’m writing.

0 comments: