BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Good Crochet Projects Gone Bad

I learned to crochet this winter. (Okay, enough with the Granny jokes.) Knitting gets a little slow for me at times, so crochet was a great distraction for my yarn-related ADD. I do great at little squares, practice squares. They’re not all the same dimensions, but I’m learning in fits and starts, and screw you I’m having fun. So since I have an (ah-hem) affection for stuffed animals (my room is nothing but stuffed animals and books most days), I thought I’d try to crochet a stuffed animal of my very own. It looked simple enough… and the horse I picked was so cute. So, here’s the picture of the finished project by whoever posted the pattern…


Cute, huh?












Here’s my final outcome.






















Let’s look again.


Goal:
Mine:
















Hmm. Not quite right. I’m not even sure it’s a horse. A fucked up offspring of an elephant and a giraffe, maybe? Or am I being too kind? Sigh. Oh well, back to granny squares.

2 comments:

Rowenna said...

OK, I couldn't help laughing. Been there, completely, with craft projects gone awry. Ok, still laughing...it's kind of like the equine version of that thing off the Goonies : http://rachelmaude.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/sloth-goonies.jpg

Ax said...

Hell I had to laugh. Though I was kind of sad... I wanted a pony and I got the goonies! lol!