BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Horseback riding and Jane Austen

Dad and I rode horses tonight, fixed fence, and drank beers, all at the same time. Hey, we needed a break from helping my grandmother with her income taxes. This time of year is yet another point where I really miss my grandfather. He had the head for numbers in this family and the attitude to get it done.

A beautiful Michigan weekend. I wish that I hadn't had to spend most of it inside with writing and work, but so it is. And so we get to Sunday night and I'm parked at my desk again, counting pages, and watching Masterpiece Theater, the Complete Jane Austen. I especially loved the episode of “Miss Austen Regrets,” for reasons that I will not go into, except to say the part with the servant telling Jane how her writing makes those very settled in life remember what love was like touched me deeply.

Started Jodi Picoult’s Nineteen Minutes today. A hundred pages in and I’m addicted. Can’t wait to see what happens next and can’t believe I haven’t found this author sooner.

Nothing much else to bore people with tonight. Just updating while I keep working on the entries I hope to post later in the week, probably in installments. So check in this week for more info!

And have a good evening.

0 comments: