BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Happiness is something we create - Sugarland

(not my cows, by the way.)

Got 12 pages of Taylor edited yesterday. YEY! But I hit a snag with one of my villains. So I went back and did a character worksheet, did some research on psychological traits/ disorders that this character has, and viola! This morning I have a whole new perspective on him and how he and Tay interact and why. That’s why I love this writing process. I keep getting surprised!

I started reading Kim Harrison yesterday, speaking of getting surprised. 200 pages into The Good, The Bad, The Undead and I can’t put it down. Harrison and Hamilton always make me late, as if it is a physical pain to put down the book. I think both authors need rehab clinics for those of us waiting on their next books. Or we just write our own (see myself).

Aside from Kim Harrison, I read my butt off yesterday. Stanley Coren, Line of Beauty by Alan Hollinghurst, Anne Bronte’s Tenant of Wildfell Hall, Ariel by Sylvia Plath, and an humor erotica book called Bad Sex. With a name like that, I just had to read it.

So today its housework, in between edits and rewrites. I’m a very physical writer. If the writing isn’t going well, I get up, get out, and do something, either clean or take a walk or go to the farm. Just something. It clears my head and I come up with great, wondrous ideas that I have no way to write down and escape as soon as they enter my head. But, it gets the block moved, one goddamned block at a time.

0 comments: