BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.

--Buddha

It’s a good day at Barclay Farms today. Dad’s hard at work on putting the wood burner to bed for the year and I got edits on Taylor going my way. YEY! After days of moaning over the next section, it really wasn’t that bad. I moved operations to the kitchen and copped a positive attitude and viola! Editing block is broken.

Victor Hugo is killing me. He keeps going off on these tangents about architecture and other things of little interest. They took out the best sections for the Disney version of The Hunchback of Notre-Dame, I tell you what.

I reread some Patricia Briggs novels this weekend, Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood. I just needed to get out of my own work for awhile, I think, so she and Stanley Coren’s Why Does My Dog Act That Way? helped me enormously. I finished a book of “150 poems you need to know” and started the Bhagavad Gita, Stephen Mitchell’s translation. So far, it’s pretty cool. Eastern religions and ideas have started seeping into my Western education, oh my! Ideas of yoga and the Tao. I also started Horses and the Mystical Path, so it’s all geared toward the second book and Taylor’s exploration of what it means to be what she is.

Well, speaking of Taylor, I've had my snack break (peanut butter sammy and milk) and I'd better get back to her before she takes off again for parts unknown. I think she took Memorial Day and went to the beach or some shit. :)

0 comments: