BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, May 19, 2008

Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same. --Emily Bronte

Got it going my way today. Already got most of my workout in, walking fences and biking, also got the lawn mowed at the farm and dishes going. If I get to the laundry and plant the garden, I’ll be on top of the world.

My new favorite song is “Johnny and June” by Heidi Newfield. Let’s just say it reminds me of someone (and its not just Zip for a change!)

Dad and I got a lot done yesterday. We got plants and seeds for the garden and got the space raked and prepped for planting. The wind got to us though, and we called on account of the wind making us nutty. The wind is still up today so I got blasted mowing. Also took a tree branch to the shoulder. That should leave a nice mark. It’s already pretty sore. But I brought enough grass and dirt in with my hair that I could have filled a window box. Oh well. I made Gram happy. Everyone else will have to wait a week.

Started The Hunchback of Notre Dame by Victor Hugo yesterday. Good so far. I’ve just started to wonder how the translations of French novels compare to the original. How much is lost in translation. I assume a lot, just because the romance languages are so… well, romantic. But I don’t intend to be able to read French anytime soon. I struggle with “una mas cervaza, por favor.” Two semesters of Spanish and that’s all I got and Dad taught me that beforehand! Oh well, can’t be good at everything.

0 comments: