BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, June 28, 2008

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. (Erma Bombeck)

I’m getting a lot done today for still being in my jammies at 3:30 in the afternoon. Got the kitchen all clean, the dishes done, the laundry rolling, twenty-seven pages of the book read through and edited, it’s a good day. Just need to come up with something amazing and astounding for supper tonight, exercise, and work in the garden and it will be quite the day. I even made pages on things completely unrelated to Taylor today. Yey!

I gave up on Pamela yesterday. I just couldn’t do it anymore. I left the bookmark in so if in another year or two I feel like coming back to it, I can. The suspense isn’t exactly killing me. So I started Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass instead. Gotta love a rabbit in a waistcoat. I’m still reading the Nick Adams Stories too, along with Strange Candy by LKH. No wonder I’m starting to make short stories. There’s just less to be bound up to with a short story than with a novel. And while I like the emotional depth in a novel, sometimes a short story, poem, or even flash fic can just soothe the itch for telling a story or writing the way a novel sometimes can’t.

I feel so lazy being boarded up in room while it’s a beautiful, if hot and humid, summer day outside. I’d love to be outside, working on fence, doing the farm thing, but I burn really easy and refuse to use sunscreen. So actually, my skin should thank me for having an alternative, indoor occupation. Otherwise I’d look like a lobster all the time. I know I should use some kind of skin protection. But it makes me break out or itch or other weird skin reactions that are permanent striations rather than a temporary burn. Which one do you think I go with? I’ve worn long sleeves or t-shirts more this summer than I normally do, but so far it’s working well to do most outdoor stuff in the afternoons and evenings and staying in during the classic 11-3 pm times. So far. We’ll see.

0 comments: