BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, June 27, 2008

"You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face."

"You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'" (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Got a lot done on the book yesterday before Dana went back north. I feel a lot better about things. When the writing goes well, my whole life goes well. When it doesn’t go well, the gods help those around me and make sure they thank those gods no one else is in my head but me. I’m not a girl prone to PMS, which is good since Moody Writer Syndrome is along similar lines. Throw in some stupid boys and a broken mower conditioner and the family starts throwing beers and chocolate at me, from a distance of course.

It’s a lazy kind of Friday for me. Been gone or runnin’ all week, including last night. I just got home a little bit ago, so which direction to go is a little vague. I might start a new project today, just as a distraction from Taylor, but I’m not sure. So instead of sticking my foot in my mouth and talking about the project, I’m just gonna do what I do.

Just took a break and did more of the major read-aloud of the red book on the phone with Dana. It’s going a lot slower than I thought it would and takes more out of me than I can believe. Just have to focus so hard and have so many other things to keep in mind and work with… hard to explain. But thirty minute segments seem to work well.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we got our mower conditioner’s problems figured out. Where the cutter bar comes in and connects to the gear box, the pin that drives the cutter bar kept catching on the guard just right. Last I knew, Dad bent the guard back down, but has to replace it, if he can get it off the mower. We’ll see how that goes. But the weather has hardly been conducive lately to haying. So it was a good week to be a writer rather than a farmer. Overall, once I finish Pamela, life is good.

0 comments: