BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement. (Charles M. Schulz)

Am I a bad LKH fan if I admit we didn’t stay for the signing? We got there early and all ready a crowd gathered in the back of the store. Standing room only for the most part. (I have jeans like that too, but that’s a side issue.) But the talk was great and a lot of fun and if we had been less than two hours from home (four hours for Dana) we probably would have done the whole hang out and sign books deal.

It rained yesterday. YEY! My hay needed it badly. And my garden is saying thankyouthankyouthankyou! I’m actually surprised not more of my garden has died yet. I’m not the most, er, green-thumbed amongst humans and can kill cactuses with a dirty look (and not enough water). So the fact that I have baby peas and lettuces coming up just tickles me to death.

Driving to Toledo again today to pick up Gram. I’m so not looking forward to five o’clock traffic around Ann Arbor, or on Sylvania (don’t think I spelled that right) Street. Oh well. It’s for Gram. I can suck it up.

I only got two pages for Taylor yesterday. Sad. And one page was major emotional/action plot points. One of those if X happens, then Y needs to happen, but W needs to occur to set up for X… yeah kinda like that. But it helps me with foreshadowing and things like that, a way of setting up this to fall here. Hopefully none of these people change their minds. I got to find out some new stuff about Jaime though, so that was cool. Where Tay is a sledge hammer, Jaime is a whisper of silk across the skin. Where Bryen is earth, Jaime is moonlit water. He is smooth and sultry where they are heavy and fall like a five pound sack of shit. Maybe not the most poetic reference, but an accurate one. So, we’ll see where the writing takes me today, what with Tay’s headaches and Ana’s gentle persuading (the last was sarcasm, just so ya know).

0 comments: