BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, October 3, 2008

We must travel in the direction of our fear. (John Berryman)

Another sick day. At least I don’t have a growth of swelling glands on my neck like someone else I know. That thing is gonna start talking, sweetie. Really.

Maxine went with Dad today. She got to ride on the tractor and help cut wood. He said the chain saw didn’t freak her out too bad. She was unsure of things more than scared. I don’t think that pup knows the meaning of fear.

It’s sunny for the first time in days here. Still cold, but the sun makes for a nice change. I can also see all the cobwebs the spiders keep making as they try moving in for the winter. At least none of them are usually poisonous. One good thing about Michigan, few poisonous or venomous critters here. Outside my window the trees are turning and we had to turn on the heat last night for the first time this year.

The tarot card from the shapeshifter deck, the shapeshifter, equivalent of the hanged man, stands for a time of inactivity to reflect on life’s path. This illness has not caused me to analyze my own life so much as Taylor’s. I’m not yet beating the book like a dead horse, so I’m not convinced it’s done. Today I bit the silver bullet and started at the end of the book, analyzing where I need to be and what I need to have at the end so the beginning and middle become more clear. We’ll see how it works. So far it’s helping. But there are some major flaws that keep me up at night for their want of fixing. Then again, taking time to read about shamanism and paganism has led me to ideas for Taylor that I never would have found without taking the time to do something other than write. See? Tarot has its benefitial symbolism. :-)

P.S. Pop Evil's new CD, Lipstick on the Mirror rocks.

0 comments: