BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pages, knitting, and cow vaccine

Thursday
I got my pages early today. 2,500 words by 4 p.m. Usually it’s that by 1 a.m. At least I’m productive between 10 p.m. and 2 a.m. Next week is Thanksgiving, which I didn’t realize until about yesterday. Fuck I hate holidays. Not the food so much as all the Christmas music and tinsel. But we don’t decorate for any holidays, unless extra beer cans on the counter count, so the clean up factor is zero and awesome. No take down if you don’t put it up. Gram totally gets off on the whole decorating thing. I’d rather drink a glass of wine and chill with some good Kid Rock or Eminem and fuck Christmas. There’s some holiday cheer for you.

Maxine’s vet appointment went without incident yesterday. She’s all distemper free and Zip gets to go in with her next time. Yey. Two heelers at the vet on a Friday morning. Isn’t that a country song? Should be.

I’ve been reading an article in Smithsonian about Bernini. He was brilliant, it seems, and his father, when asked if jealous that his son would surpass him in sculpting, said “It doesn’t bother me, for as you know, in that case the loser wins.” Daddy Bernini had a good point.

Sunday
I got 5,000 words on Thursday, nothing on Friday and nothing yesterday. We worked cattle, vaccinating and sorting, on Friday and by the time we did supper and I worked out, it was sleepy time. Saturday was shopping, writing and reading group, then hooking up both tvs to the HD converter boxes and lots of knitting. We did the last of our culling and sorting today. Now its housecleaning and laundry. Hopefully I can get some pages tonight. Zip wouldn’t come home with me, so I took Maxine, who’s sleeping on the couch, and left my recalcitrant dog with Dad.

I’ve been reading A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson lately. It’s hard to say if it’s more funny or more informational. I’ve started on Lolita by Nabokov. Not too far in yet so no words of wisdom to report. Right now my mind’s all bound up on cattle and who the bull is romancing.

0 comments: