BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy Early New Year's

Got a good day of work in today. Well, yesterday at this point, but I did just get some major flaws revised. Sometimes that’s all writing is: fixing flaws. I feel good about it now, but we’ll see how I feel in the morning. If something’s majorly wrong with the manuscript, I wake up stewing about it.

I watched “Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl” for the first time tonight in its entirety. I’d seen bits and pieces before, but due to extreme cases of the tireds and perhaps an alcoholic beverage or six, I didn’t really catch it. Not a great movie, but definitely a fun one. I can see why Dad says it’s too crazy, too fantastic, but Jack Sparrow is a great character and I’m a lover of pirate-action movies from way back. Especially when it doesn’t take itself too seriously, true to pirate form.

I'd like to have major things to talk about, but my brain turns to mush after 1 a.m. Not sure if we're going out for New Year's tonight or not. If not, I have a stack of books calling my name and if so, I'll get a much-needed break. It can be a long time between breaks when I got focused on a project. And the next project involves restorations of antique tractors, something that'll require a lot of study on my part. Better warn Joe that I'm not going to be a lot of fun for awhile. Again. Luckily, the smelly dogs and winter-worn cows don't care.

1 comments:

Rowenna said...

Happy Late New Year's :) Hope you had a good one...I've had better and worse, the champagne was good, I can't complain. Best for 2009!