BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Pirates!

In followup to yesterday's "book good" lecture, today's good book is a young adult novel (and I have to agree with http://www.bilgemunky.com/pirate-reviews/books/pirates-reese/on this one) unfortunately titled "Pirates!" by Celia Rees. Strong female lead, adventure, love, dastardly evil enemies; it's got everything. I stayed up late last night to try and finish it and did finish it over coffee this morning. I'd write more, but Maxine is looking up at me with her lovely impatient eyes, begging for some action. Swashbuckling or dad's dirty socks, it doesn't matter much to her, as long as something's going on. I'd better take her for a walk before she shreds anymore beer cans (aka - much-needed grocery money).

0 comments: