BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am a book addict, but I can change. If I have to. I guess.

I'm still working on the next installment of our saga. Granted it's not turning out like I hoped, but its better than me getting on here to whine. But just so y'all don't think I've dropped off the face of the earth, I thought I'd list some book recommendations.

Coastliners by Joanne Harris (who brought us Chocolat) was a great read. Almost a beach read. Since it, ya know, took place by the sea. It's a serious book and very lyrical. I'm still in the first few hundred pages of Ken Follatt's World Without End, but so far it's every bit as entertaining, enjoyable, and long as the original Pillars of the Earth. New characters, new time, same Kingsbridge, only its beginning to fall down two centuries after being built. A less serious book is How to Back Up A Trailer and 101 other things every real guy should know by Kurt Anderson. It's useful and entertaining and lets face it, every girl needs to know how to back up a trailer, change a flat tire, tap a keg, and play craps. And last, because I haven't been remembering to write down what I read, is Diana Gabaldon. Anything. We went to a writer's/reader's conference/lunch deal last week and it was great. The third Lord John book came out in paperback finally I read that right after. Wonderful book.

And on that note, I think I'll go stir up the dogs or at least the laundry. I got words today (finally!) after a particularly bad writing slump and I'm rockin' on ready.

0 comments: