BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Are you being served?

Sorry. Obscure British television reference.

Friday
I’m watching “Taken” tonight, trying for ideas for the part of my book that has to do with trafficking. I’ve realized that the places need to move around more, that it wouldn’t be as centralized as I have it. I guess I don’t think like a trafficker because coming up with ideas and options for this new part is challenging if not downright hard. Of course the stabbing headache that comes and goes periodically isn’t helping much. Damn head is starting to piss me off.

Saturday
Well, I didn’t get the blog done last night. I went down to the farm to discover the fences in the back were all down and nothing was out. Let me repeat that, the fences all around the back of the property, so the cattle could have gone all the way to Lake Michigan if they wanted to, were down and nothing whatsoever was out. Well, one calf was, but he ducked back in after snatching a few mouthfuls of corn and followed the cows to the front pasture. After that, it was saying hi to my aunt and uncle who are up for the weekend, putting the chickens to bed, then going for a beer run and stopping at the neighbors to chat. Luckily, the euchre game ended when I got there. I suck at it, never have been able to understand what in the hell I’m supposed to do with anything related to euchre. So it’s a lazy day other than that. I need to get a roast in the oven for supper tonight and Dad and I need to fix fence, but we’re just taking it easy. It’s hard to visit the neighbors. We always get over-served.

0 comments: