BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Cruisin' the mile. A lot.

I slept with the light on again last night. Been doing that a lot lately. I fall asleep with it on and it stays on until six or seven in the morning when I wrap myself back up in my blankie and try to catch another ten or twenty winks. I usually manage this. Spoiled bitch, I know.

It’s been a long couple of days. We have a new addition to our household and moving her in has been quite the adjustment. I’ve been blocked or at least too bound up to write, so I’ve spent a lot of time working at the farm. Today is the first sun we’ve seen in days. It’s been raining, not nasty, just raining. The colt has a puncture abscess on his foot that I’ve been treating. 119M sliced her foot open between her hoof and hock and we haven’t been able to get her in to treat since I squirted peroxide and blue coat on her on the fly. Gram’s television has been messed up since last week and still doesn’t work even after the Dish guy came yesterday. Add that to Dad having his head shoved up places heads aren’t usually suited for and the newlywed thing going on at home and various other points of vexation, I found myself macheting weeds around the fence last night until dark.

I’ve asked other women about this and they agree that at some point the relationship may not be bad, but something is so off that you quit even looking or desiring the opposite sex. Why? No one knows. But when you start to notice again, it comes in a flood that makes teen hormones seem like a really good Disney movie. It’s raised the question for me, what do you do when the person who finally interests you after this time isn’t your honey? And if you really care about the person you’re with, how do you deal with no longer being attracted to them? I’ll leave it up to you, dear reader, to decide if these questions rise from real life or writing, but I suppose at some point there’s always a certain amount of crossover there.

Let’s hear it for meaningful one-night stands.

0 comments: