BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

How Poetry Month Works at Farm and Lit

Here’s how it’s gonna go: November is novel writing month and with April as poetry month, the challenge is a poem a day for thirty days. Sound exhausting? It is, but totally worth it. Writing every day can be useful in shaking something loose. I was never as productive poetic- and flash-wise as I was in college when I did a portfolio, something like 120+ pages of completed work in 90 days. I was exhausted by the time I finished, but it was a GREAT experience and I learned a lot in a short time. Try it out here. And don’t just feel bound to poetry, flash works too.

So every day will have a new poetic form and anything else that’s going on that I feel needs writing about. :) I’ll post some of my work and feel free to write and post your own, at your own risk of course, internet copyright being what it is. Included in my regime is The Portable MFA and a condensed course of the eight-week poem deal outlined there. Like I need more work, but hey, I’m a glutton for punishment and workaholic besides.

Some valuable resources for poetry include:
Poetic Asides
www.poets.org
PoetryBase
and other resources I’ll cite as we go along.

And yes, rap music is a type of poetry. So check this out. Funny as hell. “I’m awesome.” Sorry for going crazy with the videos lately. I’m addicted.

0 comments: