BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Calves, Calves, Calves... and Books!

Eleven calves so far and one unconfirmed, with four to five cows left to calve. Pretty good considering they weren’t supposed to calve until September! August was a dizzying month considering and now with the back to school and milking doubles, September looks to be just as insane.


I’ve got some book recommendations today, stuff I slotted to write about in August but lost time to sick babies, new babies, tagging babies…well, you get the idea. First up is a book by an author I hadn’t read before: Jocelyn Drake Nightwalker. It’s written from the point of view of the vampire which is a cool switch. Problematic when the vamp dies for the day, but Drake handles it well. Another vampire book that truly blew me away was 12 by Jasper Kant. The review for this one is up on San Francisco Book Review, see below. Also just discovered Jacqueline Carey, a Michigan writer and big name in the sci-fi/fantasy genre. Unfortunately, her book was the one with the repeated pages I talked about in a post a few weeks ago so am stalled on that book until further notice. :( Instead, I turned to Molly Gloss and her book, Wild Life. It’s based on journals from Gloss’s grandmother and other pioneer women. Her writing is truly a gem. So while I wait in earnest to find out Imriel’s fate after page 576 in Kushiel’s Scion, to the rest of you, Happy reading!

Link:
            http://www.sanfranciscobookreview.com/featured-fiction/bullet/

http://www.sanfranciscobookreview.com/cooking-food-wine/eating-local-150-recipes-from-the-farm-to-your-table/ I didn’t review it, but a subject close to my heart and perhaps soon my masters portfolio. 

0 comments: