BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Why does grass-fed cost more?

I can't even tell you how many times I've gotten variants of this question. "Why shouldn't I just go to Sam's Club and I can buy a hundred pounds of all steaks for cheaper than I can buy lower grade cuts from you?" First of all, if you ask me that question, go to Sam's Club. Second, I'm not sure what lower grade means. The best part about a quarter of beef is the variety. The STC and I have done amazing things with cube steak, sirloin, and chunks labeled "Lunch" out of the steer we processed at home because he would have run through the front of the trailer leaving an outline like a Looney Tunes character had we tried loading him for the butcher. So this article struck really close to home for me, and while I haven't run the operating cost for our farm, they don't sound that outrageous.

Why I Can't Raise a $1 Cheeseburger

File:McD-Double-Cheeseburger.jpg
From WikiCommons

0 comments: