BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 30, 2008

Single women have a dreadful propensity for being poor. Which is one very strong argument in favor of matrimony. (Jane Austen)

It’s raining.

Just the sound of rain drops falling outside makes my toes curl with ecstasy. We needed rain so badly, but I do feel bad for some of the neighbors who cut hay the other day. But the garden and our alfalfa needed moisture badly.

Speaking of my garden, I’ve got little, baby plants! Little, baby pea plants and little lettuces. They are all so cute! I can’t believe I haven’t killed anything yet. I’m not exactly known for my green thumb, after all. I can kill a cactus as soon as look at it. I’m pretty good with grass though and dandelions. Those I can grow like there’s no tomorrow.

Didn’t get any pages yesterday. Barely even a writing prompt. The trip to Toledo and back just wiped me out. Five hours on the freeway will do that I guess. Just makes me really glad I don’t live around a big city and have to drive in that shit everyday. I know there are a lot of advantages to living around larger cities, but I grew up in northern Michigan. Traffic up there meant an Amish buggy and an oncoming car. Ann Arbor freeways are insane to me.

So we got Gram to Toledo fine and she’s all geeked to spend time with my little cousins, who I guess aren’t so little anymore. It’s like my Dad says, you can always gauge time better by other people’s kids and it makes you realize how old you’re getting. On one little cousin was born shortly after my grandpa died and it doesn’t seem like that long ago, but the kid’s in grade school now. It just doesn’t seem right. Oh well. What can ya do?

Well, the rain’s stopped (sadly) so I’m gonna go and try to find something to do, even if it’s wrong.

0 comments: