BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 25, 2008

"All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was" Toni Morrison.

Well blogging kinda went to shit this weekend for no fucking good reason. Gram called first thing with a calf alert. Luckily, it was a false alarm. I’ll be so glad to get my cows across the road where I can deal with them better when they calve. It’s been a good month with Dad gone, but I’m ready for him to come home now that I’m over being pissed. I never should have been mad in the first place, stupid shit, but sometimes girls get angry for no good reason. I don’t that often, so once in awhile I figure I’m due for a good temper tantrum. Nothing’s gone too wrong with Dad gone and the cooler weather has made it easier on Max. The last few days have really taken their toll on the old man. The heat and humidity, so typical of a Michigan August, take it out on the old dog. He’s part Chow-chow and black Lab so his hair keeps him very warm.

The cows looked great this morning. They’ve got that full, healthy bloom to them that only pregnant cows get. They feel good and they look good, and they know it. Sexy bitches is a term that comes to mind. It makes me feel good that I’ve created an environment where they can be so happy and content.

We got Deja moved this weekend. Today is her first day back to college. I’ve been smiling all morning with the thought that I don’t have to go to school… ever again if I don’t want to. College was good for me, but learning on my own has been great. I like choosing my own reading and practicing writing more intensely than in creative writing courses. But I have good self-discipline and enjoy independent study.

Been practicing with character emotions this week. I usually don’t like writing exercises, but these are helping to shake things up a bit and help identify a range of emotions. One thing about it, cows are a lot easier to write about than fucking feelings.

0 comments: