BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Burger birthday night

Did the Gramma birthday dinner no. 2 tonight. I'm gonna become famous for my veggie-beef burgers and potatoes, I know it. Gram bought herself a lemon cake, fulfilling a family tradition that I began of making (or, in this case buying) one's own birthday cake. It was a nice time with just Dad, Gram and I. She likes the small scale Sunday dinners.

Joseph, my honey, tore his bicep last night lifting lawn chairs. It's not that ugly but very painful, and it's his right arm, so he's gonna be a one-armed tile layer for the next few months. Poor guy.

I finished reading Flannery O'Connor's most recent biography today. It hit me funny. Maybe just because I've been thinking a lot about life and death lately, and that's mostly what she writes about. Combined with her life cut short by lupus, I guess it was bound to hit me funny. But it's a great and interesting read, if you've read Flannery O'Connor and are interested in the mind behind the stories.

Redwing hockey rocked last night. 5-0. We'll see how they do in Pittsburg.

0 comments: